A Sikar man bought NEET exam paper for INR 15 lakh. His son scored 107/702

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
5 Min Read
#image_title

The Bewal family in Rajasthan is at the center of the NEET paper leak scandal that has shocked the nation and put the future of thousands of students at risk. Three family members — Dinesh Piwal, his elder brother Mangilal Piwal, and Mangilal’s son Vikas Piwal — have been arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in connection with the paper leak case.

Students from Krantikari Yuva Sangathan (KYS) and AISO hold a protest against alleged NEET-UG 2026 paper leak, at Jantar Mantar, in New Delhi. (that I)
Students from Krantikari Yuva Sangathan (KYS) and AISO hold a protest against alleged NEET-UG 2026 paper leak, at Jantar Mantar, in New Delhi. (that I)

Investigators suspect that Dinesh, who allegedly supplied the paper to several students, also gave it to his son Rishi, who has now eloped with his cousin Aman, who passed the exam last year.

But here comes the twist. Despite paying₹15 lakh to Yash Yadav of Haryana for the newspaper,”> $15 lakh to Yash Yadav from Haryana for the newspaper Dinesh’s son Rishi failed the exam by a wide margin. Rishi appeared for the NEET exam on May 3 along with thousands of other students and already had the paper with him. However, he managed to score only 107/720, HT reported earlier.

His academic record shows that he was a below average student and scored only 43.6% in his Class 10 board examination.

A strange case for the Bewal family

Dinesh and Mangilal allegedly received the guess sheet containing 120 questions for NEET-2026 from a person, named Yash Yadav, from Haryana for ₹15 thousand and then sold it to a number of students in Sikar $15 lakh and then sold it to a number of students in Sikar.

Five members of the Biwal family have cleared the NEET 2025 exam, officials aware of the development told HT.

What is interesting is that while the five family members were average in school, scoring below average in NEET 2024, they scored very high in NEET 2025. In medical colleges, their performance was below average, according to the principals of these medical colleges, raising doubts about how they would pass the NEET 2025 exam.

On Thursday, the CBI informed a Delhi court that Mangilal’s son Vikas revealed that during NEET training in Sikar, Rajasthan, he was in contact with Yash Yadav who allegedly claimed that he could arrange the leaked NEET (UG) 2026 question paper in exchange for money.

“It is very unusual for five people from the same family to get admission in some good government medical colleges together by clearing NEET last year. But they all failed to secure sufficient scores in NEET-2024. There is also a huge difference between their performance in NEET-2025 and the results in existing schools, coaching centers or colleges. This raises doubts as to whether they had taken the question paper from Yash Yadav in 2025 as well to qualify in the exam. CBI is now investigating the matter,” said a senior official from the same family. SOG for HT earlier.

Investigators suspect that the family may have attempted some irregularities in the NEET exam the previous year. “We are looking for them,” an SOG officer told HT.

Dinesh was involved in the case

The CBI arrested Dinesh Piwal along with his brother Mangilal Piwal and Mangilal’s son Vikas Piwal. The Times Of India (TOI) reported that the police were suspicious of several members of a family cracking NEET and getting admission in medical colleges.

Investigators suspect that Dinesh Bewal scanned the printout of the paper and later shared it digitally. He allegedly received the leaked papers from Gurugram-based Yash Yadav, and got them for his son, in preparation for NEETUG 2026. Investigators alleged that he later sold the leaked papers to other students in Rajasthan’s Sikar district.

The family residing in Sikar allegedly sold the newspaper they had bought for themselves $15 lakh, ₹30 lakh”> for other students $30 lakh.

Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *