![]()
Filmmaker Vikram Bhatt, who was released from Udaipur jail after bail, termed jail as his “fifth abode” expressing his faith in Lord Krishna and the justice system. He and wife Swetambari have Rs. 47 crore film project facing fraud charges. Bhatt denied the abuse, saying all transactions were done transparently. They were recently granted regular bail by the Supreme Court.
Filmmaker Vikram Bhatt got bail from the Central Jail and was later released. After his release, he visited a Shiva temple and bowed his head in devotion. After coming out of jail on Friday, Vikram Bhatt spoke to the media and shared his experience.
Vikram Bhatt talks about faith in truth
Vikram told News 18, “I spent two and a half months in jail, where there was law and order and I was completely confident that the truth would surely come out. I made a friend in jail who spoke to the nature of Mewar’s soil. Success here.”
“
Explained: ₹30 crore film deal that led to the arrest of Bollywood director Vikram Bhatt and his wife
Vikram Bhatt called jail his fifth home
Talking about his two months and 11 days in jail.. “This is the fifth abode. I am a devotee of Lord Krishna. I have lived in the very place where Krishna was born. Understand that I am doing twice as well as before. I have to fight a new battle like Krishna.”And the producer of the film said.. “I don’t want to say much about law and order. I have full faith in the legal system of this country. Whatever justice is done, it will be good for everyone.”
Supreme Court Gives relief to Vikram Bhatt and wife
The Supreme Court has given a major relief to Vikram and his wife Shwetambari Bhatt in a fraud case involving alleged massive financial irregularities. The couple has now been granted regular bail by the Supreme Court. Earlier in the week, Shwetambari was granted interim bail and on Thursday, the court accepted their plea for general bail, bringing considerable relief to both.
An FIR has been lodged against Vikram Bhatt in Udaipur
In November 2025, an FIR was filed in Udaipur against filmmaker Vikram and his wife for fraud related to a film project.
Dr. Ajay Murdia from Indira IVF filed a complaint at Bhopalpura police station. He said that he had signed an agreement with Vikrambhat’s company to make films and documentaries in memory of his late wife. But after he paid the money and got signed for four films, the company instead misused the money by not making the films.
Vikram Bhatt has been accused of misappropriating funds
According to the FIR, Vikram initially paid Dr. Murdia Rs. 7 crores invested and then given additional funds, they will have Rs. He promised to produce four films worth 47 crores.
However, Murdia claimed that the accused made false promises and diverted more than Rs.30 crores. Police investigations revealed that the funds were diverted using fake bills and documents. Finally on December 7, the Udaipur police arrested the Bhats.
Vikram Bhatt denied the fraud allegations
Bhatt denied the allegations, saying that he had given false information to the police. He also said that he was not given any prior notice before finding the FIR.
In a statement to news agency ANI, Bhatt’s lawyer Kamlesh Dave claimed that the police acted only on the FIR without considering the supporting documents. “Every payment was made known to both parties. There were no such fake or bogus bills. The deal was made to make two films first and two more films on rolling finance,” he claimed.
Rajasthan High Court Vikram Bhatt’s bail plea was rejected
In January, the Rajasthan High Court denied bail to Vikram and Shwetambari Bhatt, prompting them to appeal in the Supreme Court. Earlier, the high court had also dismissed Bhatt’s plea to quash the FIR, arguing that the matter was civil and not criminal. However, the court observed that the case involved misappropriation of funds and not just betrayal of trust, and therefore directed the police to continue with the investigation.
