Three others detained in Uttarakhand tiger poisoning and mutilation case; One fugitive

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
2 Min Read
#image_title

Three more people were arrested separately in connection with allegations of poisoning, killing and mutilation of two-year-old male tigers in Uttarakhand’s Shyampur district of Haridwar Forest Division, a buffer zone of the Rajaji Tiger Reserve, forest department officials said.

Forest Minister Subodh Unyal and department officials inspect the site where two dead tigers were found in the Shyampur forest range.
Forest Minister Subodh Unyal and department officials inspect the site where two dead tigers were found in the Shyampur forest range.

They said that the carcass of a tiger was spotted on Monday evening during a routine patrol and search operation at cabin number 9 in Sajjanpur area of ​​Shyampur district. The body of another tiger was found on Tuesday evening during a combing operation in the forest area. They added that the limbs of the two tigers were cut off.

The suspect, identified as Alam, a resident of Gujjar Dera in Shyampur cabin, was arrested from the spot, Divisional Forest Officer (Haridwar) Swapnil Anirudh said. A case has been registered under Section 9 of the Wildlife Protection Act.

Ashiq and Gopi, both around 40 years old and residents of Gujjar Colony, were arrested on the outskirts of the forest area in the Shyampur forest range.

The forest team also arrested Yusuf (45) from a hideout near Gujjar Basti.

Thus, four accused have been arrested so far in this case, while the other suspect, Amja, is still on the run.

“Three people have now been arrested in this case and the absconding accused will also be arrested soon. A notice has been sent to Shyampur forest ranger, Vinay Rathi, and a response is awaited,” divisional forest officer Swapnil Anirudh said.

An administrative investigation was also opened into the incident.

Earlier on Wednesday evening, Forest Minister Subodh Unyal visited the Shyampur mountain range in Haridwar forest division, where the two tiger carcasses were recovered. The minister said that no act of brutality against wildlife would be tolerated and warned that if any fault is found in the departments, strict action will be taken against the responsible officials as well.

Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *