Four Naxalites Surrendered In Chhattisgarh’s Sukma With A Total Of ₹8 Lakh

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
3 Min Read

Sukma, four Naxalites, including two women, are carrying increasing rewards ₹8 lakh in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on Friday, surrendered along with their weapons, a senior police official said.

Four naxalites surrendered in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma with a total of ₹8 lakhThe cadres, who belong to the Kistaram Area Committee of the Maoists’ South Bastar division, have returned themselves here under the state’s ‘Puna Margame initiative,’ said Sundarraj P, Inspector General of Police, Bastar range.

The Naxalites told the police that they were influenced by the surrender and rehabilitation policy of the state government, he said.

Among the cadres who surrendered, Sodhi Joga, an area committee member, carried an award ₹5 lakhs. Others, Dabar Ganga, alias Madakam Ganga, Sodhi Raje and Madhavi Budhari, carried a grant. ₹1 lakh each.

They handed over an Insus rifle, a single loading rifle, a .303 rifle and a .315 rifle and ammunition, he said, adding that the police in Sukma district and Aluri Sitarama Raju district were instrumental in their surrender.

Newly established security camps in Sukmar Kistaram and Golapalli areas, improved road connectivity, and the success of continuous and effective anti-Naxal operations have led to frequent surrender of cadres in the region, he said.

These security camps have helped suppress Maoist activities, and their area of ​​free movement has been significantly reduced, he said.

Surrendered cadres will be given rehabilitation, financial assistance and other facilities as per government policy.

Sukma Superintendent of Police Kiran Chabon appealed to the remaining Maoist cadres active in the area to desist from violence, assuring them that the government would give them security and a dignified life.

With these surrenders, more than 200 Naxalites have laid down arms in the state so far this year.

On January 15, 52 Naxals surrendered in neighboring Bijapur district. By 2025, more than 1,500 Naxals had joined the mainstream of the state.

The Center has decided to eradicate Naxalism from the country by March 31 this year.

This article was generated from an automated news agency feed without text modification

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *