
US President Donald Trump. file | Photo credit: AP
US trading partners who have struck tariff deals with President Donald Trump’s administration will also now face a 10% tariff, despite higher levels they previously agreed to, the White House said on Friday (Feb 20, 2026).
It comes as the Supreme Court struck down country-specific tariffs imposed by Mr Trump using emergency economic powers.
Trump’s tariffs were directly rejected by the US Supreme Court
“But this is only temporary as the administration pursues other legal authorities to implement more appropriate or pre-negotiated tariff rates,” a White House official said.
Trump signs global 10% tariff order
Mr Trump signed a global 10% tariff on “all countries” on Friday (Feb 20, 2026), hours after the Supreme Court ruled that his tariffs on imports were illegal.
“It is my great honor to just sign from the Oval Office a global 10% tariff on all countries, which will go into effect almost immediately,” the Republican leader tweeted. Truth Social stage
Published – February 21, 2026 07:43 am IST

