IndiGo Issued A Second Travel Advisory This Month, Citing Tensions In Iran

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
3 Min Read

IndiGo issued a travel advisory on Monday saying flight operations around Iran’s airspace will be affected amid ongoing tensions in the region.

Earlier, a similar advisory was issued by IndiGo on 3 February, which suspended services till 28 February. (Reuters/Representative Image)The airline said flights to Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent will be affected. It comes at a time of heightened tensions between Iran and the United States.

“Given the ongoing developments in the region around Iran and its associated airspace, flights to Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent remain affected,” IndiGo said in a post on X.

It added that the previously announced cancellations have been extended till March 28.

The new advisory comes weeks after IndiGo announced schedule adjustments and cancellations of several international flights on February 3 earlier this month in view of the “developing situation around Iran”. While earlier, IndiGo had announced that flight operations from Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent were canceled till 28 February, the cancellations have now been extended by a month to 28 March.

“Previously announced cancellations have been extended to 28 March 2026. The safety and well-being of our customers and crew is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring the situation as we review the schedule to minimize inconvenience,” the airlines said in the X Post.

It also said passengers can visit IndiGo’s official website to explore alternative travel options.

Read more: ‘Will the world stand with Iran?’: Crown prince sees huge crowd with 250,000 in attendance at Munich rally

The US-Iran is going to sit for the second round of talksThe announcement comes amid ongoing tensions in Iran, with Tehran officials now in Switzerland for a second round of talks with the US, scheduled to take place on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards conducted naval exercises in the Strait of Hormuz on Monday. The drill is called “Smart Control of the Strait of Hormuz” and is “aimed at testing the readiness of Iran’s operational forces in the face of potential security and military threats,” Iran’s Tasnim news agency reported.

Also Read: Trump shuts down US warships under Tehran pressure

Ahead of the second round of talks with the US, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi met with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Rafael Grossi and held “in-depth technical discussions”.

Iran is facing the threat of a US attack as it recently moved a second aircraft carrier to the Middle East to boost its military buildup in the region. Iran has also threatened to target Washington’s military bases in the region as a counter-attack if the situation worsens.

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *