No case of Ebola virus disease has been detected in India, official sources said, and a high-level review meeting was held on Wednesday to assess the preparedness of states and union territories and response measures.

During the meeting chaired by Union Health Minister Punya Salila Srivastava, health ministers of all states and union territories were advised to ensure preparedness at all levels, they said.
Health Ministry officials also clarified that no case of Ebola virus disease has been detected in India so far.
The sources said that after the World Health Organization declared Ebola a public health emergency of international concern, the government strengthened surveillance and preparedness measures across the country as a precautionary measure.
Detailed standard operating procedures (SOPs) covering pre-arrival and post-arrival screening, quarantine protocols, case management, referral mechanisms and laboratory tests have already been shared with all states and union territories.
Sources said Srivastava stressed the importance of coordinated monitoring, timely reporting and preparedness of identified health facilities.
Read also | WHO: Ebola and Hantavirus outbreaks a sign of our “dangerous” times
All relevant ministries and departments were also sensitized and appropriate preventive and monitoring measures were taken in coordination with the Ministry of Health.
They said India has previous experience in handling such situations effectively, including during the Ebola outbreak in Africa in 2014, when similar precautionary measures were successfully implemented.
The sources said that the Indian government remains fully vigilant and ISIS is ready to respond quickly to any situation that arises.
The sources noted that there is no reason for citizens to panic, while continuing to follow official advice and developments issued by health authorities.

