Sri Vijaya Puram and Andaman and Nicobar Islands saw 5,269 names removed from the draft electoral list, as the final voters’ list was published after completion of a special intensive review on Saturday, officials said.

The final electoral list released by the Chief Electoral Office includes a total of 2,58,040 voters, they said.
The review was conducted from October 27 last year to February 21.
Out of 3,10,404 voters registered in the electoral roll as on October 27, 2025, a total of 64,014 ineligible voters have been removed from the electoral roll.
“After that, the legal period for submitting claims and objections was conducted, during which 16,919 voters were added and 5,269 ineligible voters were removed,” a statement from the CEO’s office said.
She added that as of February 21, 2026, the updated and authenticated list contains the names of 2,58,040 voters.
A statement issued by the CEO said that there were a total of 2,58,040 voters, including 4,070 in the age group of 18-19 years, 2,252 persons with disabilities, and 679 above 85 years.
The process involved physical verification of 100 per cent voters through census forms that were personally delivered and collected by booth level officials, resulting in deletion of deceased persons, those who had permanently moved to other states or union territories, and duplicate registrations.
The final electoral roll has been displayed at all polling stations and will be available for public inspection at voter facilitation centers at the offices of the Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer for seven days from February 21, excluding holidays.
Voters have been advised to check their names on the list and submit requests for inclusion, correction or deletion, either online or offline.
This article was generated from an automated news feed without any modifications to the text.
