Charter CFO breaks down $34.5 billion Cox Megade deal

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
3 Min Read
#image_title

Hired CFO Jessica Fisher spoke about the benefits of her company’s $34.5 billion acquisition of Cox during an appearance at an investor conference.

“The digital priority is being able to deliver our high-value products, which include our mobile and video, and do that in our pricing and packaging structure and with the brand and bring it all together,” Fisher told the JPMorgan Global Technology, Media and Telecommunications Conference during a session broadcast online.

“You should expect us to roll out all of these things in a very short period after lockdown,” she added about the upcoming integration. The proposed acquisition of Cox would result in the combined entity acquiring the Cox name and using the Spectrum brand name for the consumer market.

This integration will support the delivery of higher quality, more affordable products to retain home video customers. “It’s about implementing our operating strategy, which is about being able to roll out quality products to our customers, being able to roll them out at value the way we do in our existing footprint, and using that to generate operational synergies within the company,” Fisher said.

Charter’s CFO discussed the cable and broadband giant’s big streaming bundle strategy of integrating ad-supported tiers of premium streaming services into paid Spectrum TV packages, offering them at no additional cost to consumers.

“We can ultimately do well by generating higher lifetime value for customers by bringing customers into more stable packages, which is what we’ve been doing,” Fisher said. During its most recent fiscal first quarter, Charter shed 51,000 residential video subscribers, compared to a loss of 167,000 residential video customers during the same period last year.

Charter posted a rare gain of 44,000 pay-TV subscribers during the fourth quarter of 2025 amid continued cord-cutting across the industry as it used packaging and pricing efforts to retain residential video subscribers amid competition from YouTube and streaming rivals.

In May 2025, Charter unveiled a $34.5 billion deal with Cox Communications to combine the companies and create a cable TV giant with greater reach in broadband Internet connectivity and video to take on the tech giants in the video and advertising spaces. The deal is expected to be completed in mid-2026 as Charter works to obtain regulatory approvals.

Federal regulators, including the Department of Justice and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), have already approved the proposed merger with Cox Communications, with only California having to green-light the deal. That leaves the cable and internet giant needing to meet a Sept. 15, 2026, deadline set under federal law for large mergers to complete all antitrust reviews before a deal can close.

Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *