‘A beautiful light for our family’: Three women found dead off Brighton beach in UK and identified as sisters

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
2 Min Read

'A beautiful light for our family': Three women found dead off Brighton beach in UK and identified as sisters

Three women found dead off a beach in Brighton, UK have been identified as sisters.

Three women found dead in the sea near a Brighton beach earlier this month have been identified as sisters from London, police have confirmed.Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, all from the Uxbridge area, were found dead near Madera Drive on May 13.Emergency services were called at around 5.45am after concerns arose about a person in the water near Blackrock car park. Two more bodies were later recovered nearby.Sussex Police said there is currently no evidence of criminality or third party involvement, but detectives are continuing investigations to determine exactly what happened, The Guardian reported, citing police.Police believe that the sisters may have entered the sea from the beach before they encountered difficulty.

It is understood they were first seen near Brighton Palace Pier before drifting towards Brighton Marina.Their father, Joseph, paid tribute to his daughters in a statement issued by police.“Jane, Christina and Becky were more than just girls to me, they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love,” he said.“Each of you was unique and precious in your own way.

Your smile brightened the dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful.“Although your time on Earth was short, the impact you left will remain in our hearts forever.”Hundreds of hours of CCTV footage have been reviewed as officers continue to track the women’s final movements around the beach area, police said.Chief Superintendent Adam Hayes said officers would “leave no stone unturned” during the investigation.“The thoughts of everyone at Sussex Police are with the family of Jane, Christina and Rebecca after this devastating loss,” Hayes said.

Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *