Nancy Guthrie Sheriff Says She ‘Understands’ Why Some Suspect Tommaso Cioni

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
3 Min Read

The Pima County Sheriff, who is overseeing the search for Nancy Guthrie, said he “understands” the reasons why some people have suggested her son-in-law be considered a suspect. However, he stressed that he did not want to label “a mark on someone who may be completely innocent”.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos defends Tommaso Cioni against speculation that he is a suspect in the Nancy Guthrie case. (X/@JLRINVESTIGATES)Tommaso Cioni, who is married to “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie’s sister Annie, was initially the focus of speculation about Nancy’s disappearance, in part because he was the one who confirmed seeing her before her disappearance on February 1.

Also read: Ashley Banfield reveals why she still sees Tommaso Cioni as ‘prime suspect’ in Nancy Guthrie case

The Pima County Sheriff is addressing the spread of obscenities Tommaso CioniInsisting that “nobody” was excluded from consideration, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos expressed concern about “bad things” being spread about Sioni. It comes as journalist Ashley Banfield stands by her claim that Cioni could be the ‘prime suspect’ in the case, although authorities have so far failed to name any suspects.

“I understand the scholars are out there. They’re going to say, well, he’s the last person to see him alive. We understand this stuff. But, my goodness, you’re identifying someone who could be completely innocent. And more importantly, that’s family,” Nanos said.

“People out there can be pretty ugly and mean and nasty and they don’t have information. I tell my reporters, you have to be a little more responsible… because this is really nasty stuff,” he continued.

Savannah Guthrie shares new video message as mom goes missingSavannah Guthrie has a powerful new message as the search for her mother enters its third week.

In a video posted Sunday evening, Savannah addressed someone who took her mother. He was last seen on January 31 at his residence near Tucson, Arizona.

“It’s been two weeks since our mom was taken, and I just wanted to come out and say that we still have hope, and we still believe,” the Today host said. “I wanted to tell whoever has him or where he is that it’s never too late. And you’re never lost or alone, and it’s never too late to do the right thing, and here we are.”

“We believe in the essential well-being of every human being and that it is never too late,” he added.

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *