![]()
Iranian lawmakers are discussing legislation that would offer large financial rewards for the assassinations of US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, raising tensions in the wake of February strikes on Iran that killed Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.According to the British newspaper The Telegraph, Ebrahim Azizi, head of Iran’s National Security Committee, said lawmakers are preparing a bill titled “Reciprocal Action by Military and Security Forces of the Islamic Republic,” which would formalize a €50 million reward for anyone who kills Trump.Azizi said Iran considers Trump, Netanyahu and Adm. Brad Cooper of US Central Command responsible for the February 28 strike that killed Khamenei, and they must face “confrontation and mutual action.”Mahmoud Nabawyan, deputy head of the Iranian parliament’s National Security Committee, said the parliament would soon vote on allocating a “huge reward” to anyone who “sends gambler Trump and child murderer Netanyahu to hell,” the Jewish Chronicle reported.
Threats escalate after the conflict with Iran
The proposed legislation represents a sharp escalation of previous threats and religious edicts issued by Iranian clerics and officials.
This step would transform calls for assassination from propaganda campaigns and fatwas into official parliamentary action.Nabavian warned that any future military action against Iran or its leadership would lead to retaliatory attacks not only against the United States and Israel but also against regional Arab governments allied with them.“Threats against the Supreme Leader and military leaders were once again heard from the dirty mouths of some enemy officials,” Nabavian wrote on X.
Previous threats and bounty campaigns
Calls for action against Trump have appeared repeatedly in Iran in recent years, especially after the killing of Iranian leader Qassem Soleimani and the recent death of Khamenei.Campaigns linked to pro-regime groups have reportedly raised millions of dollars for bounty efforts targeting Trump.One campaign, titled “Blood Pact,” allegedly raised more than $27 million.Iran Wire reported that the hacking group “Handala” also claimed to have allocated $50 million to “eliminate” Trump and Netanyahu.Earlier this year, Trump warned that if Iran tried to carry out threats against him, the United States would “wipe them off the face of the Earth.”
Iran says negotiations are still ongoing
Even as the threats escalate, Iranian officials indicated that indirect negotiations with Washington are continuing.Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghaei said that the peace talks being mediated by Pakistan are making progress, with several rounds of proposals being exchanged between the two sides.According to Iranian media reports, US conditions include handing over stocks of enriched uranium, limiting Iran’s nuclear infrastructure and maintaining a ceasefire linked to continuing negotiations.Iran’s stated demands include lifting sanctions, releasing frozen assets, ending military operations across the region, and recognizing Iranian sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz.Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian acknowledged the severe war damage to gas facilities, power plants and industrial infrastructure, while former Revolutionary Guard Commander Mohsen Rezaei warned that any continuation of the blockade would amount to a “continuation of the war.”Meanwhile, speculation grew about a possible return to hostilities after Netanyahu was allowed to skip his criminal trial to attend “all-day security meetings,” according to the British newspaper The Telegraph.
