![]()
NEW DELHI: The Delhi HC has fixed March 9 to hear a plea by the ED challenging the lower court order that refused to peruse the charge sheet against Congress members Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and others in the money laundering case linked to the National Herald. Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma on Thursday granted time to the Gandhis and other respondents to file replies. The CEO opposed the request, saying the notice had been given nearly two months ago and that the additional time was not justified. Solicitor General Tushar Mehta said the matter raised a “clear legal issue” and that the lower court’s findings “come in the way” of proceedings in other cases. He said that the reasons given by the court for rejecting the declaration were “clearly corrupt.” Last year, the HC had issued notice to the Gandhi family and others on the main petition filed by the ED, along with its application seeking stay of implementation of the trial court’s December 16 order. The matter was informed by the agency’s prosecution complaint that it was “statutorily impermissible” as it was not based on the FIR. Notices were also issued to Suman Dubey, Sam Pitroda, Young Indian, Dutx Mirchandis and Sunil Bhandari on the request of the ED.
