Robert Dorgan’s Family Feud: Pawtucket Shooter’s In-Laws Threaten To ‘kill Him’; Accused Of Assaulting Mother

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
4 Min Read

New details have emerged about her family life Robert Dorganthe father who shot a Pawtucket, Rhode Island High school hockey tournament. Dorgan went on a rampage at Dennis M. Lynch Arena PawtucketA few miles outside of Providence during youth ice hockey games.

Robert Dorgan’s family feud: Pawtucket shooter’s in-laws threaten to ‘kill him’; Mother charged with assault (X/@VerdadEsPoder)According to authorities, Dorgan killed two people and wounded three others before turning the gun on himself over a suspected “family dispute.” According to the New York Post, Pawtucket Police Chief Tina Goncalves said at a press conference Monday night that 56-year-old Roberta Esposito, aka Roberta Esposito, used

Robert Dorgan’s History of Family FeudDorgan had a history of family disputes, some of which involved disputes over her gender identity, court records show, according to WPRI Providence. She went to the North Providence Police Department in early 2020 and reported that she had recently undergone gender-reassignment surgery and complained that her father-in-law wanted her out of their North Providence home.

According to court documents, Dorgan told police that her father-in-law threatened “that she would be killed by an Asian street gang if she did not move out of the residence”. Dorgan claimed he had been in the house for seven years.

Read more Robert Dorgan Photos Revealed Pawtucket Shooter Was Dressed In ‘Women’s Clothing’

She accused her father-in-law of using a derogatory term for transgenders, saying that such a person “should not live in my house.”

The father-in-law was subsequently charged with witness intimidation and victimization and obstruction of justice. However, prosecutors later dropped the charges.

Dorgan’s then-wife Rhonda Dorgan filed for divorce at the same time. According to court records, the divorce was finalized in June 2021. Dorgan was living in Jacksonville, Florida at the time and working as a truck driver, according to divorce papers.

In 2020, Dorgan accused his mother of assaulting him and engaging in a “violent, threatening or disorderly conduct,” police records show. The mother was later charged with simple assault and battery and disorderly conduct.

Read more Robert Dorgan: 5 things to know about Pawtucket mass shooter that left 2 dead, 3 injured

Dorgan even told the police that his father-in-law had told me that if I didn’t withdraw the assault charges against my mother, further retaliation could be expected and that was another reason to kill me.

The case against his mother was later dismissed, according to court records.

The Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence said in a statement Monday, Feb. 16 that the situation is “deeply distressing.” “While the details are still emerging, we know that violence within families and intimate relationships can have devastating and far-reaching effects,” the group said. “Domestic violence does not stay behind closed doors. It affects children, extended family members and entire communities.”

Dorgan has been identified as the father of a senior at North Providence High School. The student was competing in a hockey tournament, according to local station WPRI.

Dorgan, who had been sitting behind the stands on the home team side during the game, shot four family members and a family friend after walking to the front. His child’s mother and siblings were among the dead, multiple sources told WPRI. While the mother died inside the Lynch Arena, the siblings died at the hospital. The condition of the three injured is critical.

Dorgan appears to have died from a “self-inflicted gunshot wound,” Goncalves said, adding that they are still “going to investigate it fully.”

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *