Ed Martin Removed As Head Of Justice Department’s ‘Armaments Working Group’

Anand Kumar
By
Anand Kumar
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis...
- Senior Journalist Editor
3 Min Read
#image_title

WASHINGTON – Conservative activist Ed Martin has been ousted from the top post Judiciary Group President Donald Trump is tasked with overseeing federal prosecutions and is not working out of department headquarters, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Ed Martin removed as head of Justice Department’s ‘Armaments Working Group’Martin remains the department’s pardons attorney, but now works out of a building across Washington that houses some of the Justice Department’s offices, the person said. Martin previously worked on the fourth floor of the Justice Department’s headquarters, which houses the deputy attorney general’s office.

It was not immediately clear why Martin was no longer in charge of the “weaponization working group” created by Attorney General Pam Bondi on her first day in office last year, but another person familiar with the matter said the group was not making much progress under her leadership. The people spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an internal personnel matter.

Attempts to reach Martin by telephone and email Monday were not immediately successful.

Martin supported — and was a cheerleader for — the Trump campaign to use the Justice Department to prosecute his political enemies, including former FBI Director James Comey and New York Attorney General Leticia James. A judge dismissed Comey and James in November, concluding that the prosecutor who brought the charges Trump Illegally appointed by the Judiciary.

Last January, Trump appointed Martin as interim US attorney for the District of Columbia. Martin, who had no prior prosecutorial experience, immediately introduced partisan politics to the nation’s largest U.S. attorney’s office. He fired and demoted subordinates working on politically sensitive cases, including the Capitol riot case. He posted on social media about potential targets of the investigation. And he oversaw the dismissal of hundreds of cases on Jan. 6 following Trump’s clemency for all defendants in the Capitol riots.

But President Md Martin’s nomination was withdrawn After two days more permanent employment Major Republican Senator He said he could not support Martin for the job. Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina opposed Martin’s nomination because of his outspoken support for the rioters who attacked the Capitol.

Martin was a leader of Trump’s “Stop the Steel” movement. He spoke at a rally in Washington on the eve of the Jan. 6 attacks and later served on the board of a nonprofit that raised money to support the Capitol riot defendants and their families.

Last May, Trump chose Fox News host Jeanine Pirro to replace Martin as the top federal prosecutor. Martin immediately moved to department headquarters to serve as a pardon attorney.

This article was generated from an automated news agency feed without text modification

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Anand Kumar
Senior Journalist Editor
Follow:
Anand Kumar is a Senior Journalist at Global India Broadcast News, covering national affairs, education, and digital media. He focuses on fact-based reporting and in-depth analysis of current events.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *